Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"Mantel Make Over"














































Having a very small Fireplace Mantel has not stooped me from decorating it. My problem has always been that top of mantel is way too narrow, (about 5 inches). Searching for accessories is kind of tough because they have to fit the space. I found the Indian Candlesticks and Wooden Pears @ Pier 1 Imports a long time ago. The round metal plate in the back is a beautiful detailed charger from a set I use all the time. The creamer is another found items, I like it because it has all the fall colors such as yellow, olive and orange. The pitcher has the same look, I was also lucky to find a piece so flat. The little terracotta vase has spring yellow silk roses and I just added a seasonal small pumpkin picks from a local craft store. My style purpose was to pile items in a grouping by using colors of the season.

Find a spot in your house, gather fall items, group them together, decorate & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment