Friday, July 24, 2009

Inspiration, A Wine Lable?




One of my friends asked me the other day; Where do I get inspired for my lampshades? I answered, "from anywhere".
My inspiration this time took me to one of my favorite hobbies in life, "Wine". Hanging in my kitchen wall there is a piece of art work made out of old French Wine labels. The picture tells a story of wine regions such as Anjou, Champagne and one of my favorites, Bordeaux.
After analysing the art work; the color hit me "Burgundy or Bordeaux". I remember seeing a small French Toile pattern and when I found it, I absolutely loved it. Whether is a Toile based on Oriental influences, botanical or just a simple French Country scenery, all Toile fabrics tell a story!
The pattern for this "Bordeaux Collection" is in a beautiful burgundy on a cream or ecru-white background. It depicts a story of the daily life in a farm. Fishing on a pond, making Bread and wine and perhaps at the end of a long day of work, families end their shores to enjoy a feast and dance all night.
I utilized this fabric which has a small repeat and I combined it with a wide stripe for a different symmetry. All the materials are 100% cotton. Shades are embellished by a burgundy very fuzzy chenille fringe at the bottom and on the top and sides there is a coordinating French gimp. This lamp is from my VERANDA collection. Lamp has a distressed white finish, which makes it very shabby and old. Also, lamp has a few crystals which can be custom ordered in different colors.
If you want to inquire more about the Bordeaux Collection, please kindly leave a comment and I will be more then happy to reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment