Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"Color Purple"
























"The Color Purple"
was my clients favorite
color and believe or not
not one of my favotite but I went along, took
notes, paid lots of attention
to all requests and went along
for a purple ride.

When my client requested "The Color Purple" I remember my face turning exactly that color. I don't think I ever had the opportunity to work with such a beautiful, passive, clean and elegant tone. Well you get the idea! I was wrong all the way. Balancing the color purple with greys, silver and cream colors was very easy.
This project was a small master bedroom in a Condo or 2 Floor Apartment. Space wise, room was tight but I manage to bring the eye up with a huge tufted Head Board Bed consisting of a grey Ultrasuede material. I found two traditional style silver night stands and anchored them with a pair of Modern lamps. I used a bold modern large leave wallpaper and window treatments are made with a beautiful silver raw silk from Robert Allen. I design a simple 2" grommet panel style and stainless hardware was manufacturer same as above. Also, I like the idea that a stainless steel wand that matched hardware was available. This way it will be easier to close panels if clients wants more privacy.

The Bedding was not custom but found it in a local furniture store. I love the combination of the cream shiny quilted bedspread. I also was able to use textiles with stripes, flowers and solid satins as accent pillows. The bed sheets are a light lavender and also cream colors. These are cool tones perfect for any season. They are 100% Egyptian cotton and it feels very nice to the touch.

On the other side of the room a flat screen TV was installed on the wall to save space. A 72" dark wood dresser was added to hold client's art work. Also, I still had room for a comfy chair for some reading or just to seat and kick back. This apartment is a second home, so client wanted hotel look but with a little more bling-bling!

It was a fun project!

2 comments:

  1. hola maria, que lindo espacio,lo que mas me gustaes, como utilizas las texturas y colores, sobre todo en la cama , con los amohadones , de distintos tamaƱos, colores y generos, sobre ese exquisito respaldo de cama.

    ReplyDelete